Thermo Scientific™ Digital Microplate Shakers are specialized laboratory instruments designed for precise and efficient shaking or mixing of microplates. Here’s a brief description:
- Shaking Mechanism: These microplate shakers employ a shaking mechanism that imparts controlled and consistent motion to microplates, ensuring thorough mixing of samples contained within the wells.
- Variable Speed Control: Digital Microplate Shakers typically offer variable speed settings, allowing users to adjust the shaking speed to match the viscosity and mixing requirements of their samples. This flexibility accommodates a wide range of laboratory applications.
- Orbital and Linear Shaking: Some models provide both orbital and linear shaking motions. Orbital motion is suitable for uniform mixing, while linear motion is ideal for applications requiring back-and-forth motion.
- Platform Versatility: The shakers are designed to accommodate various microplate formats, including 96-well and 384-well plates. Some models may also have adjustable platforms or adapters to accommodate different plate types.
- Applications: Thermo Scientific™ Digital Microplate Shakers are widely used in life science research, molecular biology, genomics, and drug discovery for tasks such as sample mixing, reagent distribution, enzyme assays, and DNA extraction.
- User-Friendly: Equipped with a user-friendly control panel and display, these shakers are easy to set up and operate. Digital timers, alarms, and real-time speed monitoring enhance user convenience.
- Compact Design: The shakers are designed to be compact and space-efficient, making them suitable for laboratories with limited bench space. Their portability allows for easy movement between workstations.
- Safety Features: Some models include safety features such as a lid lock or platform clamps to secure microplates during shaking, preventing accidental spillage and ensuring laboratory safety.
In summary, Thermo Scientific™ Digital Microplate Shakers are essential tools for laboratories conducting high-throughput assays and experiments in microplates. Their variable speed control, platform versatility, and user-friendly design make them valuable instruments for researchers and scientists working on a wide range of applications that require precise and efficient sample mixing.